Living The Beatitudes Today
If you already know what the beatitudes are, you will know that living out the beatitudes is very important for a Christian. The purpose of the beatitudes is to inspire you to act in certain ways. Therefore, living them out is absolutely at the heart of the matter.
Simple Acts of the Beatitudes
The best approach to this topic will be for us to go through the beatitudes one by one, highlighting how people can live out each beatitude. Most of these acts are simple:
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”
- Someone offers prays for others and not just him or herself.
- A person gives up his or her free time to help others in need.
“Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted.”
- Victims of violence come together, and find comfort in their suffering.
- People lose a loved one, support one another and find hope in despair.
“Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.”
- People who are attacked refuse to retaliate.
- A person who is aggrieved speaks out but does not lash out.
“Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.”
- Protesters peacefully march against an unjust law.
- A student stands up for a classmate who is being bullied.
“Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.”
- Anytime someone truly forgives another, mercy is shown.
- A life is spared at the last minute by a merciful leader.
“Blessed are the pure of heart, for they shall see God.”
- Children play together at a park with no bias against one another.
- A person completes a good act without expecting a reward in return.
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God.”
- Leaders of countries work towards and bring about peace.
- Two old friends decide to let go of a grudge.
“Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”
- Someone is mocked for standing up for an individual others do not like.
- A person holds strong in their beliefs, even though they are persecuted.
Clearly, there are a number of ways in which the beatitudes come into play in daily life. Indeed, there are certainly many other ways in which these tenets can be lived out as well.
Edited from http://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-living-out-beatitudes.html